- Yield 16 cups
- 1 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Rose's lime juice
- 10 dashes Tabasco hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon (heaping) prepared horseradish (optional)
- 1 tablespoon (heaping) celery salt
- 1 tablespoon (heaping) white pepper
- 2 cans (46-ounce) tomato juice
- Vodka to taste
- Lemon and lime wedges
- Spiced green beans
- Combine the Worcestershire sauce, beef broth, lime juice, hot sauce, horseradish, celery salt and white pepper in a large pitcher or shaker. Shake or stir until the celery salt dissolves.
- Add the tomato juice and mix well. Chill, covered, in the refrigerator for 8 hours or longer if possible to blend the flavors.
- Add the vodka just before serving.
- Serve over ice in tall glasses. Garnish with lemon and lime wedges, olives and spiced green beans.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Dickie Brennan & Co., Dickie Brennan’s Palace Cafe, The Flavor of New Orleans (Dickie Brennan & Co., 2002)