Bloody Mary Oysters
- Yield: 1
- 1 1/2cups vegetable juice cocktail
- 3tablespoons vodka
- 1 1/2tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 to 6drops Tabasco sauce
- 1teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Celery salt to taste
- White pepper to taste
- 1medium cucumber, finely chopped
- 2 ribs celery, finely chopped
- 12 oysters on the half shell
- 1medium lemon, cut into wedges
- Combine the vegetable juice cocktail, vodka, lime juice, Tabasco sauce, Worcestershire sauce, celery salt and white pepper in a blender and process until blended. Mix the cucumber and celery in a small bowl.
- Fill a shallow rectangular dish with crushed ice and arrange the oysters on the ice. Spoon the vodka mixture evenly over the oysters and sprinkle with the cucumber mixture. Arrange the lemon wedges around the oyster shells.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Devon Horse Show and Country Fair, Appetizers at Devon, A Collection of Recipes from the Devon Horse Show and Country Fair (Devon Horse Show and Country Fair, 2008)