Blondies with Pecans and Chocolate Chips
- Yield: 2 dozen
- 2cups flour
- 1teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon baking soda
- 10tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2cups packed light brown sugar
- 2-- eggs
- 2teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4cup (4 1/2-ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4cup chopped pecans (about 3 ounces)
- Mix the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Remove from the heat. Add the brown sugar and whisk to blend. Whisk in the eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour mixture gradually. The batter will be thick. Spread the batter into a buttered and floured 9×13-inch pan. Spinkle with the chocolate chips and pecans. Bake at 350F for 25 minutes or until a tester inserted into the center comes out with moist crumbs attached. Cool in the pan on a wire rack. Cut into squares.
Recipe reprinted with permission from America’s Most-Loved Community Cookbooks Recipes Worth Sharing(Nashville, Tn., 2008).