Blonde Brownies with Chocolate Chips
- Yield 2 dozen
Serve these brownies as the perfect ending to any meal.
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) margarine, melted
- 1 -- (1-pound) package brown sugar
- 3 -- eggs, beaten
- 2 cups (12-ounce) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Stir the flour, baking powder and salt together. Pour the margarine over the brown sugar in a large bowl and mix well. Stir in the eggs. Add the flour mixture and mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips and vanilla. Pour into a greased 9×13-inch baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool completely in the pan. Cut into bars.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Tallahassee’s A Thyme to Celebrate (the Junior League of Tallahassee, Inc. Tallahassee, Florida 2009).