Blonde Brownies with Chocolate Chips
- Yield: 2 dozen
- 2 3/4cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 3/4cup (1 1/2 sticks) margarine, melted
- 1-- (1-pound) package brown sugar
- 3-- eggs, beaten
- 2cups (12-ounce) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Stir the flour, baking powder and salt together. Pour the margarine over the brown sugar in a large bowl and mix well. Stir in the eggs. Add the flour mixture and mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips and vanilla. Pour into a greased 9×13-inch baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool completely in the pan. Cut into bars.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Tallahassee’s A Thyme to Celebrate (the Junior League of Tallahassee, Inc. Tallahassee, Florida 2009).