- Yield 24 servings
- 2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 2 -- eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips, semi-sweet
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray 13 x 9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Cream butter and sugar. Let cool for a few minutes. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Stir into egg mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. (Batter will be stiff.)
- Pour batter into pan. If desired, sprinkle more nuts and chocolate chips on top (Mom always did that!).
- Bake at 350 for 35 to 40 minutes until toothpick inserted has moist crumbs. Let cool and cut into squares.