- Yield 10 to 12 dozen
So many delicious ingredients make up this tasty cookie.
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups Special K cereal
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups (4 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 -- eggs
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350F. Process the oats and cereal in a blender or food processor to a fine powder. Mix the flour, baking soda and baking powder together. Beat the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla in an extra-large mixing bowl. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the oat mixture, raisins, coconut and pecans, mixing well after each addition. Add the flour mixture and mix well. The dough will be very stiff. Drop the dough by spoonfuls onto a nonstick cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool on a wire rack.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Tallahassee’s A Thyme to Celebrate (the Junior League of Tallahassee, Inc. Tallahassee, Florida 2009).