- Yield: 10 servings
- 2 3/4cups all purpose flour
- 1/3cup cake flour
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/2cup shortening
- 1stick butter
- 1/2cup cold water
- 2pints fresh Maine blueberries
- 3pounds apples, peeled, cored & chopped
- 1tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4cup sugar
- 1 1/2teaspoons cinnamon
- 2tablespoons flour
- 2tablespoons butter
- 2tablespoons melted butter
- 1tablespoon sugar
- Mix flours, sugar and salt. Cut in shortening and 1 stick butter. Add water and mix. Flour counter top with a dusting of flour roll out dough for top and bottom crusts. Place bottom crust in 10-inch pie pan.
- Mix blueberries, apples, lemon juice, 3/4-cup sugar, cinnamon and flour. Put filling into unbaked crust in pie pan. Dot with 2 T butter. Cover with top crust, flute edges. Slit top of crust to vent.
- Brush on melted 2T butter, then sprinkle remaining 1T sugar over crust.
- Bake in preheated 425 degrees oven for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees and continue to bake 30-40 minutes longer (check pie after 20 minutes ,if browning too much, then cover crust edges with ring of foil.
- Cool 10 minutes before slicing onto your favorite dessert plates for serving.