- Yield 2 servings
Marinate tofu overnight in a mixture of tomato juice, soy sauce and blackening seasonings this simmer in a hot skillet.
- 1 pound brick firm or extra-firm tofu, sliced into 1/2-inch steaks
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Cajun or blackening spices
- Place tofu in a nonreactive shallow baking dish. Combine tomato juice, soy sauce and spices and pour over tofu. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to cook, heat a nonreactive heavy-bottomed saute pan or skillet over medium heat. Remove tofu from marinade; reserve marinade. Place tofu steaks in the pan. Do not disturb, allowing them to brown on one side. Turn once. Pour reserved marinade over the tofu and simmer 2 minutes, forming a light sauce in the pan.