- Yield: 2 servings
- 1pound brick firm or extra-firm tofu, sliced into 1/2-inch steaks
- 1cup tomato juice
- 1tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1tablespoon Cajun or blackening spices
- Place tofu in a nonreactive shallow baking dish. Combine tomato juice, soy sauce and spices and pour over tofu. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to cook, heat a nonreactive heavy-bottomed saute pan or skillet over medium heat. Remove tofu from marinade; reserve marinade. Place tofu steaks in the pan. Do not disturb, allowing them to brown on one side. Turn once. Pour reserved marinade over the tofu and simmer 2 minutes, forming a light sauce in the pan.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 180
- Fat 6g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 779mg
- Carbohydrate 13g
- Fiber 2g
- Protein 17g