Blackened Blue Potato and Steak Salad
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 20 mins
- Cook 20 to 22
Steak and potatoes come together with blackened seasonings in this hearty salad.
- 1 pound small purple/blue potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 pound flank steak
- 1 tablespoon blackened seasoning
- 2 cups Vidalia onions, sliced
- 4 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 pounds spinach, stemmed and washed
- 1/4 cup crumbled bleu cheese dresing (optional)
- Steam potatoes 10 to 12 minutes or until tender, drain and cool. Cut potatoes in half.
- Coat steak on both sides with blackened seasoning. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add steak and cook 5 minutes on each side or to desired doneness. Remove steak from pan and set aside.
- Wipe out pan then add remaining 2 teaspoons oil. Add onions and garlic. Sauté over medium heat for 10 minutes or until soft, but not browned. Add spinach and sauté just until spinach starts to wilt.
- Place equal amounts of spinach on 4 plates. Thinly slice steak and arrange on top of spinach. Top with potatoes and sprinkle with bleu cheese. Serve with bleu cheese dressing on the side, if desired.