Blackberry Salad with Mint and Honeycomb
- Yield: servings
- 2 Ruby Red grapefruits
- 2pints blackberries (or other seasonal berries)
- 1cup quartered strawberries
- 1/2cup loosely packed chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2cups 2% plain organic Greek yogurt
- 4 teaspoon-sized scoops honeycomb
- Using a sharp knife, slice off the skin and pith from one of the grapefruits. Holding it over a medium bowl, cut between the membranes to release the grapefruit segments, and add them to the bowl. Squeeze the membranes to get all the juice. Grate 1 teaspoon of zest from the second grapefruit and juice the grapefruit into the bowl. Add the blackberries and strawberries and toss gently with a rubber spatula to combine. Add the mint and gently toss again until it is well distributed.
- Spoon 1/2 cup of yogurt into each of 4 bowls and top each serving with a spoonful or two of fruit and a bit of honeycomb.
Reprinted with permission from The Sweet Life: DIabetes Without Boundaries, by Sam Talbot. 2011, Rodale.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 199
- Fat 3
- Saturated Fat 2
- Cholesterol 5
- Sodium 40
- Carbohydrate 38
- Fiber 11
- Protein 12