Blackberry Mint Lime Fruit Leather
- Yield 12 servings
Kids love fruit leather, and by making your own, you know exactly what's in it.
- 3 cups blackberries
- 1/4 cup mint leaves (optional)
- 1/4 cup honey
- Finely grated rind of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 170F.
- Place blackberries, mint leaves, honey, lime rind and lime juice in a food processor or blender. Process until smooth, about 30 seconds. (If you are not a fan of seeds, strain the purée as best as you can.)
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper. Pour purée onto paper and spread thickly and evenly with a spatula. Bake 6 hours, or until no longer wet.
- With scissors, cut paper in half. Roll halves into a cigar shape. Cut rolls into 2-inch segments and serve. Store in an airtight container. Makes 12 (2 x 6-inch) strips.
Recipe by Meredith Steele, In Sock Monkey Slippers