- Yield 4 servings
The sultry blend of blackberry jam and balsamic vinegar infuses chicken with unbeatable flavors while the caramelized onions make a slightly sweet, savory sauce.
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1/2 cup seedless blackberry jam
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- -- Salt and pepper to taste
- In large nonstick skillet, heat olive oil and sauté onion 5 minutes. Season chicken with thyme and season to taste. Dust with flour.
- Add chicken to pan, cooking until browned on each side, about 7-10 minutes. Add broth and continue cooking another 15 minutes.
- Add jam and balsamic vinegar, bring to boil, reduce heat, and cook chicken for another 15 to 20 minutes or until tender.