- Yield: 4 servings
- 1tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 to 3/4cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1/2cup seedless blackberry jam
- 2tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2cup chopped red onion
- 1 1/2pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Saute onions in olive oil for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, season chicken with thyme and add salt and pepper to taste. Lightly dust chicken with flour.
- Add chicken to the skillet and brown for 7-10 minutes. Add broth and simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Stir in jam and balsamic vinegar, when ingredients start to boil, reduce heat, and cook for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is tender.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 339
- Fat 6g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 99mg
- Sodium 113mg
- Carbohydrate 31g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugars 27g
- Protein 40g