- Yield 4 servings
The sultry blend of blackberry jam and balsamic vinegar infuses chicken with unbeatable flavors while the caramelized onions make a slightly sweet, savory sauce.
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1/2 cup seedless blackberry jam
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Saute onions in olive oil for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, season chicken with thyme and add salt and pepper to taste. Lightly dust chicken with flour.
- Add chicken to the skillet and brown for 7-10 minutes. Add broth and simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Stir in jam and balsamic vinegar, when ingredients start to boil, reduce heat, and cook for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is tender.