- 3/4cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter
- 1 1/2cups sliced peaches
- 1 1/2cups blackberries
- 2tablespoons plus 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2cups self-rising flour
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2cups milk
- 2teaspoons turbinado sugar
blog comments powered by
- Place butter in a large 4-quart baking dish. Place in oven and set temperature to 350F.
- Combine fruit and 2 tablespoons sugar in a saucepan. Cook until juices start to release, about 10 minutes.
- Combine flour, sugar, salt and milk in a medium bowl. Whisk until smooth.
- When butter in melted (but not brown), remove pan from oven. Pour batter over butter. Do not stir. Spoon hot fruit and juices over top. Do not stir. Place in oven and bake 45 minutes. Sprinkle turbinado sugar on top during the last 5 minutes of baking. Best served immediately with ice cream or frozen yogurt.