Black Olive Pâté Salmon with Fresh California Relish
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 20 minutes
- Cook 25 minutes
- 4 -- salmon fillets, 4oz each, skin removed
- lemon juice
- freshly ground black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- can of pitted California Black Ripe Olives, medium size
- 1/3 cup shelled walnuts
- 1/2 -- red onion, sliced thinly
- 8 -- fresh Black Mission figs, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Season salmon fillets with 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1/8 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Spread 1 tbsp olive oil in a baking dish, and place salmon fillets in dish.
3. In a blender or food processor, combine 3 oz of the California Black Ripe Olives, walnuts, 2 cloves of garlic, remaining tbsp of lemon juice, 2 tbsp olive oil, 1/8 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper. Blend until almost smooth.
4. Spread black olive pate onto the top of each salmon fillet. Place in oven and bake until salmon is cooked through, about 17-20 minutes.
5. Slice remaining California Black Ripe Olives and mince last 2 garlic cloves. In a medium pan, heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Saute red onion and garlic for 2 minutes. Add sliced black olives, figs and basil, and saute gently for 3 more minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve salmon on top of relish.