Black-Eyed Peas with Capers
- Yield 4 servings
Making this classic Greek salad is almost easier than buying your lunch! It will keep several days in the refrigerator, so one batch can carry you through several days of lunches.
- 3 (15- to 16-ounce) cans black-eyed peas, rinsed, drained
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 tablespoons capers packed in vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces feta, crumbled
- Pitted kalamata olives, for garnish
- Pour peas into a colander and rinse well under running water.
- Drain and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Toss with remaining ingredients and garnish with olives.