Black-Eyed Pea Dip
- Yield: 10 servings
Serve this dip with low-fat chips.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/3cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1tablespoon chopped jalapeno peppers
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black-eyes peas, drained
- 3tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 4ounces reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- In a pot coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute the onion, green pepper, and jalapenos over medium-low heat until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the black-eyed peas and stir in the flour. Gradually add the tomatoes and cheese, stirring until melted and hot throughout. Makes about 5 cups.