Black-Eyed Pea and Lima Bean Salad
- Yield 10 servings
This makes a great side dish for a tailgate party.
- 1 cup instant rice
- 1 -- (10-ounce) package frozen baby lima beans
- 3 -- (15-ounce) cans black-eyed peas, drained, rinsed
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- -- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Cook the rice using package directions; cool. Cook the lima beans using package directions; drain.
- Combine the rice, lima beans, peas, red pepper, parsley, lemon juice, olive oil, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper in a large bowl; mix well. Serve at room temperature.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Knoxville’s Dining in the Smoky Mountain Mist (The Junior League of Knoxville, TN., 1995).