Black-Eyed Pea and Lima Bean Salad
- Yield: 10 servings
- 1cup instant rice
- 1-- (10-ounce) package frozen baby lima beans
- 3-- (15-ounce) cans black-eyed peas, drained, rinsed
- 1medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 3tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1teaspoon sugar
- -- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Cook the rice using package directions; cool. Cook the lima beans using package directions; drain.
- Combine the rice, lima beans, peas, red pepper, parsley, lemon juice, olive oil, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper in a large bowl; mix well. Serve at room temperature.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Knoxville’s Dining in the Smoky Mountain Mist (The Junior League of Knoxville, TN., 1995).