Black Cherry, Gingersnap and Georgia Pecan Parfait
- Yield 4 servings
This retro-inspired, but modernly flavored dessert is best made at least 30 minutes ahead of serving, allowing time for the gingersnap crumble to soften slightly.
- 8 -- ginger snaps
- 1/2 cup Georgia pecan halves, toasted if desired
- 2 -- (6-ounce) containers non-fat black cherry yogurt
- 2/3 cup fat-free whipped topping
- 2 -- kiwi, peeled and chopped
- 1 -- black cherry for garnish (optional)
- In a medium size re-sealable plastic bag, combine ginger snaps and 1/4 cup pecans; seal bag. With a rolling pin or large heavy spoon, gently pound mixture to crumble cookies and Georgia pecans. (The mixture should be somewhat coarse, not finely ground.) Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix all yogurt together. Add whipped topping and gently fold in to blend. Do not over mix.
- To assemble in individual 6 to 8 ounce glass serving pieces, spoon 2 tablespoons gingersnap-pecan mixture into bottom of each glass. Top each with 1/4 cup yogurt mixture. Portion the chopped kiwi into each glass and top with about another 1/4 cup yogurt mixture to use all that’s remaining. Top each serving with remaining gingersnap-pecan mixture. Coarsely chop remaining 1/4 cup pecan halves and sprinkle on top for garnish.
- Refrigerate parfaits at least 30 minutes or up to two hours. Serve chilled.