- 4ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1/4cup butter
- 1/2cup prune purée (unsweetened)
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans
- 1/2cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4large eggs
- 1 1/2cups sugar
blog comments powered by
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line an 11 x 18 inch rimmed baking pan with parchment paper and lightly oil with canola oil spray.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a glass bowl in the microwave for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes on high. Stir with a spoon to melt the chocolate completely.
- Place the beans, vanilla extract, and a couple of spoonfuls of the melted chocolate mixture into the bowl of a food processor. Blend about 2 minutes, or until smooth. The batter should be thick and the beans smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the walnuts and remaining melted chocolate mixture, then set aside.
- In a separate bowl, with an electric mixer beat the eggs until light and creamy, about 1 minute. Add the sugar and beat well. Set aside.
- Add the egg mixture to the bean/chocolate mixture. Mix well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until the brownies are set. The top should be shiny and a toothpick inserted should come out clean.
- Let cool in the pan completely before cutting into squares. Refrigerator or freeze.