Black Bean, Corn and Couscous Salad
- Yield: 12 servings
- 1 (10-ounce) box dry plain couscous
- 1 (16-ounce) bag frozen white or yellow corn, thawed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4medium green onions, sliced (white and green parts)
- 1medium red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice of 2 lemons (1/4 cup)
- 1/4cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1teaspoon salt
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- Prepare couscous according to package directions. To cool quickly, spread the couscous on a large baking sheet in a thin layer and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Combine cooled couscous, corn, beans, green onions, bell pepper and garlic in a bowl; mix gently. Add lemon juice and olive oil; toss well. Season with salt and pepper.
Recipe by Mary Bullen, Gibsonia, Pa.