Black Bean Chili
- Yield 4 servings
Basic ingredients that go together easily. Let slow cook during the day and come home to a hearty chili. Serve with tortilla chips and a green salad.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 -- (15 1/2-ounce) cans black beans, drained
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup salsa, thick and chunky
- 1 -- (15 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes, do not drain
- 2 -- garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- -- sour cream, garnish
- -- Cheddar cheese, shredded (garnish)
- Combine all ingredients except garnishes in 3 1/2-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on low heat setting 7 to 8 hours. Top individual bowls with sour cream and Cheddar cheese.