Black Bass en Papillote
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4-- filets black bass (halibut, black cod, salmon, any fish)
- 1-- bulb fennel, sliced in 16ths
- 2tablespoons butter
- 4cups button mushrooms (substitutes: shitake, oyster)
- 1-- bunch scallions, whites part sliced, greens left whole
- 1cup lobster stock (substitutes: chicken base, or water)
- 4tablespoons olive oil
- 4-- cloves garlic, minced
- 2tablespoons capers (optional)
- 4-- sprig thyme (substitute: dried)
- 4-- slices lemon
- Melt butter in sauté pan, add mushrooms and sauté until lightly colored. Add garlic and scallion whites; cook for 3 minutes until tender and remove from heat.
- Spread out four 18-inch square pieces of parchment paper and brush the paper with butter. Divide all ingredients among 4 different sheets of parchment paper and top with the black bass.
- Season the fish with lemon, salt, and pepper. Take all four corners of the parchment paper and gather at the top, tying it together with a string. This can sit in the fridge for up to four hours until ready to bake.
- Bake in the oven at 350F for 13 minutes. Remove, untie the parchment paper and serve.
—Recipe by Danny Grant