Black and White Madeleine Cookies with Nutella Filling
- Yield: servings
- 6 Donsuemor Madeleine Cookies
- 6 chocolate Donsuemor Madeleine Cookies
- 1/4cup Nutella
- Pinch salt
- 1/4cup espresso, room-temperature
- 1/4cup no-salt, dry-roasted peanuts, finely chopped
- Unwrap each Madeleine from its packaging. With a serrated knife, trim the underside of each cookie to remove the bump and create a level surface.
- Drizzle 1/2 teaspoon espresso over the underside of each cookie, allowing the Madeleines to soak up the liquid.
- In a small bowl, combine the Nutella and the salt. Spread the chocolate Madeleines generously with the Nutella.
- Top the chocolate Madeleines with the traditional Madeleines, pressing the cookies together gently so the Nutella oozes out just a bit.
- Pour the chopped peanuts onto a plate or other level surface. Roll the edges of the Madeleine sandwiches in the chopped peanuts, placing the finished cookies onto another plate. Chill the cookies for 5 minutes in the refrigerator before serving.
—Recipe by Michelle Judd, Taste as You Go