Black and Blue Steak
- Yield 4 servings
- 4 (4-ounce) beef tenderloin filets
- 1/2 tablespoon commercial blackening seasoning
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup blackberry jam
- 3 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- Dust steaks with blackening seasoning. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add steaks and cook to desired doneness. Remove steaks and set aside.
- Add beef broth, vinegar and jam to pan. Cook, stirring to loosen browned bits, until slightly thickened. Add any juices from plate of steaks.
- Divide sauce among 4 plates. Top each with a steak. Crumble blue cheese on top of steaks.
For more information on why meat needs to rest after cooking, watch this video for tips from the “Butcher Boys” of Porter Road Butcher in Nashville, TN