Gluten-Free Biscotti with Raisins and Dried Cherries
- Yield 3
- Prep 25 mins
- Cook 45 mins
Raisins, cherries and brandy tweak their flavors in the combination of rice, almond and gluten free mix.
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1/2 cup California natural raisins, chopped
- 1/2 cup California golden raisins, chopped
- 1/4 cup brandy, cognac, rum or orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups basic gluten-free baking mix
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sweet rice flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon or orange zest
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg or cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon xantham gum
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- Measure cherries, raisins and brandy into a bowl. Cover and let stand for 15 to 20 minutes. Mix baking mix, sugar, rice flour, almond flour, zest, soda, baking powder, nutmeg, xanthan gum and salt together. In small bowl, whisk 2 egg whites and whole egg until frothy. Stir into dry ingredients along with undrained fruits; mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease or line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Turn dough onto counter dusted with rice flour. Flour hands generously and divide dough into 3 equal pieces. Shape each piece into a log about 12 inches long.
- Place logs as far apart as possible on prepared cookie sheet. Flatten slightly to 1/2-inch thick and 2 inches wide. Lightly beat remaining egg white and brush onto logs.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350F or until golden. Let cool for 5 to 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 300F. Cut logs on slight diagnal into slices about 1-inch thick. Stand slices upright on cookie sheet. Return to oven and dry for 25 minutes. Cool.
Recipe courtesy of the California Raisin Marketing Board