Best Pie Crust Ever
- Yield 20 servings
I've used this pie crust recipe for many years and haven't found one better. The secret is the egg and vinegar mixture.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups solid vegetable shortening
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cut in the shortening until the texture resembles peas.
- Beat the egg, water, and vinegar together. Add to the flour mixture.
- Don’t handle the dough more than is needed. Roll it out, and fill two pie plates.
- Bake according to the pie filling instructions.
Yield: 2 crusts
–Recipe by Carolee Goebel, Cheboygan, Mich.