Best Maryland Crabcakes
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 4slices white bread with crusts trimmed, or 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs, or 6 saltines, crumbled
- 1/2teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2teaspoon Chesapeake-style seafood seasoning
- 1/4teaspoon Accent
- 1-- egg
- 1/2cup mayonnaise
- 1/2teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1pound crabmeat, shell and cartilage removed
- Mix bread crumbs, mustard, seafood seasoning and Accent together and set aside.
- In another bowl, gently fold together egg, mayonnaise, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce ad bread crumb mixture. Add crabmeat, and shape into individual cakes.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours o avoid breaking apart when cooking.
- Place under a broiler and broil until brown or fry in oil until brown and drain on paper towels before serving.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Annapolis’ Of Tide Thyme(the Junior League of Annapolis, Maryland, 1995).