Best Ever Meatloaf
- Yield 6 to 8 servings
"I found this corn flake meatloaf recipe several years ago, while living in Missouri. As far as I'm concerned, it is the best meatloaf ever."
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup corn flakes, crushed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons brown mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare sauce in a bowl and set aside. Combine meatloaf ingredients with hands until evenly mixed. Work in half of the sauce with the meatloaf. Place the meatloaf in a loaf pan and shape it. Pour the remaining sauce on top and bake for 50 minutes, or until center is no longer pink.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen: For those who prefer a kick, try adding another tablespoon of mustard and a dash of cayenne pepper.
Recipe by Gloria Jean Craft, Newton, Iowa