- Yield 24 pieces
It’s hard to believe this out-of-this-world cornbread begins with a boxed mix.
- 2 -- (8.5-ounce) boxes corn muffin mix
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 2 -- eggs
- 2 -- egg whites
- 1 -- onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup reduced-fat small curd cottage cheese
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Coat a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until golden brown.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg's Trim & Terrific Gulf Coast Favorites: Over 250 Easy Recipes from My Louisiana Kitchen, 2008.