Best Brownies Ever – With Espresso
- Yield: 3 dozens
- 1cup (2 sticks) butter (unsalted)
- 2cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2cup cocoa powder
- 1teaspoon espresso powder
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1tablespoon vanilla (pure) extract
- 3/4cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2cups chocolate pieces
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly greased a 13 x 9-inch baking pan. (I use parchment paper in the pan – this makes for an easy cleanup and the brownies come right out of the pan and there is no add butter or fat).
- In a large saucepan melt the butter. Remove from heat. Whisk in the sugar until smooth. Let cool slightly.
- In a separate bowl beat the eggs. Add beaten eggs to the butter mixture, whisking quickly. Whisk in the cocoa and esspresso powders and then the remaining ingredients except chocolate pieces. Stir in chocolate. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minites, until a toothpick in the center comes out mostly clean. ( There should be a crumb still on the toothpick.) Let cool and cut into squares.