Best Black and White Bean Spread
- Yield 12 servings
Beans are a great source of protein and this spread provides a delicious way to get it.
Serve with tortilla chips or pita bread.
- 1 -- (15-ounce) can white navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 -- (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 -- (10-ounce) can chopped tomatoes and green chiles, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/3 cup picante sauce or sals
- 1 -- tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- In a food processor, combine navy beans, lemon juice, garlic and Parmesan cheese; process until smooth. Spread white bean mixture on half of a round serving platter. In food processor, combine black beans, tomatoes and green chiles, and cumin, process until smooth. Spread on remaining half of serving platter. Cover with salsa and sprinkle with tomato, green onion and cheese.