Best Black and White Bean Spread
- Yield: 12 servings
Serve with tortilla chips or pita bread.
- 1 (15-ounce) can white navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 2tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2teaspoon minced garlic
- 2tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (10-ounce) can chopped tomatoes and green chiles, drained
- 1/2teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/3cup picante sauce or sals
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2cup chopped green onions
- 1/2cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- In a food processor, combine navy beans, lemon juice, garlic and Parmesan cheese; process until smooth. Spread white bean mixture on half of a round serving platter. In food processor, combine black beans, tomatoes and green chiles, and cumin, process until smooth. Spread on remaining half of serving platter. Cover with salsa and sprinkle with tomato, green onion and cheese.