Best Applesauce Cake
- Yield: 16 servings
"This recipe has been a well-kept secret."
- 3cups applesauce
- 2cups sugar
- 1cup vegetable oil
- 4cups all-purpose flour
- 4teaspoons baking soda
- 1teaspoon cloves
- 1teaspoon nutmeg
- 2teaspoons cinnamon
- 1cup nuts (optional)
- 1cup raisins (optional)
- 1cup dried cherries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325F. Spray a tube pan with cooking spray and flour lightly.
- Combine applesauce, sugar and oil. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cloves, nutmeg and cinnamon. Add to applesauce mixture and blend well. Add nuts, raisins and dried cherries if using.
- Pour batter into pan. Bake 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Recipe by Janet Connolly, Orange City, Fla.