Berry Poppy Seed Slaw
- Yield 6 servings
A reduced-fat slaw that takes a turn toward the extraordinary with the addition of juicy, ripe strawberries.
- 4 cups thin-sliced green cabbage
- 1 pint strawberries, washed, hulled and sliced thin
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup raspberry vinegar, balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or walnut oil
- -- Salt and fresh-ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large nonreactive bowl, combine cabbage, berries, carrot, poppy seeds, sugar, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper. Mix well and allow to rest 20 minutes before serving.