- Yield 6 servings
This is perfect to serve as a dessert or breakfast.
- 2 cups frozen organic blueberries
- 1 cup frozen organic blackberries
- 1 tablespoon blue agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oats
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter substitute, softened
- 1/2 cup blue agave nectar
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Grease a 9×13-inch baking pan with coconut oil. Combine the blueberries, blackberries, 1 tablespoon agave nectar and the lime juice in a bowl and toss until the fruit is coated. Spoon into the prepared baking pan. Combine the almond flour, oats, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl. Combine the butter and 1/2 cup agave nectar in a bowl and mix well. Cut into the flour mixture until crumbly. Sprinkle over the berries. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until cooked through and bubbly.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Nutrition Balance for Life’s Ready, Set, Eat! (Dallas, Texas, 2011).