Berry Good Salad
- Yield 6 servings
- 1/2 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 pint fresh blackberries
- 10 ounces spring salad mix
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 ounce each dried cranberries, dried raspberries and chopped walnuts
- 2 pinches coarse black pepper
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red or white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients except salt, pepper and vinaigrette in a large salad bowl. Just before serving, add vinaigrette and toss well.
Note: Add some grilled chicken to make a wonderful meal salad.