Berkshire Pork and Speck, Tuscan Cabbage and Salsa Verde
- Yield: 4 servings
- Salsa Verde:
- 4bunches parsley, finely chopped
- 1teaspoon white balsamic vinegar
- 2-- hard-boiled egg yolks
- 1-- potato, cooked and peeled
- 1head garlic, peeled, separated into cloves and finely chopped
- 2-- white anchovies, chopped
- -- Olive oil
- -- Salt and pepper
- 2-- (6-ounce) pieces of pork tenderloin
- 6slices speck (smoked prosciutto)
- 6cups sliced cabbage
- 1-- leek, julienned
- 1-- garlic clove, sliced thin
- 20-- black olives, chopped
- 2tablespoons Tuscan ham
- To prepare salsa verde: In a mixing bowl, add all ingredients except for oil and salt & pepper. Use a whisk to break down the potato and egg yolks until they are all combined. While whisking, start adding olive oil a little at a time until the desired thickness. The sauce should not be runny. Add salt and pepper to taste. Makes 1 quart.
- To prepare pork: Preheat oven to 400F
- Heat medium sauté pan, add olive oil and lightly toastgarlic. Add ham and leeks and sauté for 2 minutes. Add 1/2 cabbage. Sauté for 2 minutes. Add remaining cabbage and olives.
- Sauté until cabbage is completely cooked down and is starting to caramelize
- Take the speck and lay out flat on cutting board side by side
- Season pork loin with oil, herbs and salt and pepper. Place on speck and wrap to the edge. Put into cast iron pan and place in oven. Cook 9 minutes, turn over and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest 5 minutes.
- To serve: Place 1/2 cup cabbage on each dinner plate. Slice the pork into 4 slices and season with salt and pepper Spoon salsa verde over the top and drizzle with olive oil.
Recipe courtesy of Cinque Terre, Portland, Maine.