Bell Peppers with Peanuts and Water Chestnuts
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 3tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 3tablespoons peanut oil
- 1medium yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1medium green bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1medium red bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2cup unsalted peanuts
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 to 3cups cooked white rice, optional
- Combine soy sauce and hoisin sauce in a small bowl. Heat peanut oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add peppers and cook until just tender, about 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add water chestnuts, peanuts and garlic. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Serve immediately, over rice if desired. Serves 4 to 6.
— Recipe by Tammi Kaiser, Glenview, Ill.