Beet Salad with Red Onions, Apples and Walnuts
- Yield 4 servings
Beets are a great source of vitamins A and C and are high in both soluble and insoluble fiber.
You can add some crumbled goat cheese, blue cheese or feta cheese to this recipe if you like.
- 2 large beets, scrubbed and grated
- 1 firm apple, peeled and grated (Granny Smith or gala)
- 1/4 small red onion, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Toss all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl and serve.