Beet and Potato Chicken Salad
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 10 mins
- 4 -- chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless
- 1 cup whole pickled beets, drained
- 2 cups diced, cooked potatoes
- 1 -- red onion, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped dill pickle
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 bunch watercress, washed and trimmed
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and diced
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- In medium saucepan, place chicken breasts and cover with cold water. Over medium-high heat, bring water to a simmer; cover and cook for 8 minutes, until chicken breasts are firm and opaque. Remove chicken from pan; cool.
- Dice beets and place in small bowl; set aside. Chop chicken into 1 inch chunks; place in large bowl. Stir in potatoes, beets, red onion, dill pickle, mayonnaise and sour cream.
- Line large serving platter or bowl with watercress. Top with chicken and potato salad. Sprinkle with bacon and walnuts.
From the American Midwest.