Beet and Grapefruit Cous Cous
- 1/2 cup cous cous
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 beet
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried cranberry, chopped
- 1/2 grapefruit
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mixed greens
- Blanch cous cous by pouring hot water over the cous cous; mix in a dash of olive oil and some salt and pepper. Stir well, then cover and leave it until cous cous absorbs all of the water.
- Peel the skin off of the grapefruit; use knife to cut each segment into wedges; and then shred by cutting it into bite-size morsels.
- To prepare the beetroot puree, boil or steamu un a beetroot until cooked; then peel and mash. Next, pass it through a fine sieve.
- Combine the above ingredients, except for the salad, in a mixing bowl.
- Divide the mixture between two plates. Arrange mixed micro greens on top as garnish, and add a dash of olive oil.
Upload a photo
You must be logged in to add recipes to your favorites
Login or register here