- Yield 6 servings
"Beer Cheese is a traditional Kentucky hors d'oeuvre, served with celery, crackers, or bread everywhere from elegant parties to sports bars. I was given this recipe in Berea, Ky., many years ago."
- 1 (8-ounce) package shredded sharp Cheddar
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup beer
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions or parsley, optional
- Combine the Cheddar, cream cheese, Worcestershire, garlic, dry mustard, cayenne, and beer in a medium bowl; mix well.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight to allow flavors to blend. Shape into a log or ball and sprinkle with green onions, if using.
Recipe by Juanita Jones, Kingville, Texas