Beer Can Chicken
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 60 mins
Pop open a cold one for you and for your chicken. You won't believe how juicy this bird is.
- Aluminum foil
- 1 (3 1/2-pound) chicken
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (12-ounce) can beer (any brand)
- 0 Fresh rosemary, thyme, and marjoram, finely chopped
- Prepare grill.
- Rinse chicken with cool water. Pat dry. Rub skin with olive oil. Sprinkle salt, pepper and herbs inside and out.
- Open can of beer, take a big swallow or pour out 1 ounce. Add more fresh herbs to can of beer. Slide chicken over can of beer. Stand beer can on a small baking sheet. Place baking sheet on grill rack. Close grill and cook until juices run clear and chicken is done, about 1 hour. The internal temperature should be about 165F.
—Recipe courtesy of Coon Rock Farm, Hillsborough, N.C.