Beefy Bow Ties
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1pound boneless sirloin steak
- 1pound asparagus, ends trimmed, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 (10 1/2-ounce) can beef broth, divided
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can no-salt-added tomato puree
- 1teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4teaspoon pepper
- 1 (12-ounce) package bow-tie pasta
- 2tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Trim any fat from steak. Cut steak into 2-inch strips and cut strips crosswise into 1/8-inch slices.
- Coat a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium heat until hot and cook asparagus, onion and 1 cup beef broth, stirring occasionally, 5 to 7 minutes, or until liquid has almost evaporated; remove asparagus mixture from skillet. Put steak in the same skillet. Cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until steak is no longer pink. Return asparagus mixture to skillet. Stir in remaining broth and tomato puree, basil and pepper. Cook 2 minutes longer, stirring frequently, until mixture is hot.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, omitting any oil and salt. Drain. Serve steak and asparagus mixture over pasta. Sprinkle Parmesan over top.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 376
- Fat 6.9g
- Saturated Fat 2.6g
- Cholesterol 47mg
- Sodium 242mg
- Carbohydrate 52.4g
- Protein 25.6g