Beefy Bow Ties
- Yield 6 servings
Sirloin strips, asparagus and a rich sauce make this special pasta dish a welcome on cold winter nights.
- 1 pound boneless sirloin steak
- 1 pound asparagus, ends trimmed, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 -- onion, sliced
- 1 -- (10 1/2-ounce) can beef broth, divided
- 1 -- (10 3/4-ounce) can no-salt-added tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 -- (12-ounce) package bow-tie pasta
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Trim any fat from steak. Cut steak into 2-inch strips and cut strips crosswise into 1/8-inch slices.
- Coat a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium heat until hot and cook asparagus, onion and 1 cup beef broth, stirring occasionally, 5 to 7 minutes, or until liquid has almost evaporated; remove asparagus mixture from skillet. Put steak in the same skillet. Cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until steak is no longer pink. Return asparagus mixture to skillet. Stir in remaining broth and tomato puree, basil and pepper. Cook 2 minutes longer, stirring frequently, until mixture is hot.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, omitting any oil and salt. Drain. Serve steak and asparagus mixture over pasta. Sprinkle Parmesan over top.