Beef Tenderloin Crostini
- 1 1/2 pounds rare beef tenderloin, thinly sliced
- 1 -- 12 inch french bread baguette
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese crumbles
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon dry italian seasoning
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 package spring mix salad
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt & pepper to taste
Combine blue cheese, horseradish, sour cream, mayo, granulated garlic, salt and pepper. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
Add the butter to frying pan. Add onions and brown sugar. Cook onions on low-medium heat until caramelized this should take about 10-15 minutes
Slice french bread baguette in 1/4 inch slices, brush with the olive oil and sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Broil in oven until golden brown.
On a large platter, arrange the crostini slices. Spread the blue cheese sauce on the crostini, add some spring mix salad leaves, layer the beef and top off with the caramelized onions.