Beef Tenderloin Crostini
- Yield: 8-10 servings
- 1 1/2pounds rare beef tenderloin, thinly sliced
- 1-- 12 inch french bread baguette
- 2tablespoons blue cheese crumbles
- 1teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1teaspoon dry italian seasoning
- 8ounces sour cream
- 2tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1package spring mix salad
- 1large onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2stick butter
- 1tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2teaspoon salt & pepper to taste
- Combine blue cheese, horseradish, sour cream, mayo, granulated garlic, salt and pepper. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Add the butter to frying pan. Add onions and brown sugar. Cook onions on low-medium heat until caramelized this should take about 10-15 minutes
- Slice french bread baguette in 1/4 inch slices, brush with the olive oil and sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Broil in oven until golden brown.
- On a large platter, arrange the crostini slices. Spread the blue cheese sauce on the crostini, add some spring mix salad leaves, layer the beef and top off with the caramelized onions.