United States Potato Board
- 2medium russet or Yukon Gold potatoes or 3 to 4 red potatoes
- 4 fresh yellow corn tortillas
- 3/4pound ground beef
- 1cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 (1 1/4-ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1/2cup water
blog comments powered by
- Stack tortillas and cut crosswise in half.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise and then slice into thin 1/4-inch thick half moons.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine diced tomatoes, taco seasoning (reserve 2 teaspoons for later step) and 1/2 cup water.
- Spread 2 tablespoons tomato mixture in bottom of microwave safe dish. Cover with 4 tortilla halves.
- Crumble beef on top of tortillas and season with reserved taco seasoning. Sprinkle half of cheese over beef. Add half of remaining tomato mixture. Top with sliced potatoes, spread evenly in a single layer.
- Place remaining tortillas in dish. Cover with remaining tomato mixture and cheese.
- Cover with lid or plastic wrap and place in microwave. Microwave on HIGH for 20 minutes* or until potatoes and beef are done. Let sit 2 minutes. Use oven mitts to carefully remove from microwave and serve. CAUTION: Due to steam build-up, use oven mitts or tongs to remove plastic wrap from dish.
* Cooking times may vary depending on your particular microwave.