- Yield 8 servings
"This recipe was a favorite of my granddaughter and her friends when they were young, and it remains a family favorite. It is so easy and delicious. It can be prepared for an elegant dinner or for everyday, and I have been asked for the recipe many times."
- 2 pounds round steak
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can French onion soup
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can golden mushroom soup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pint sour cream
- 1 (4 1/2-ounce) jar sliced mushrooms
- Cube steak and brown in small amount of butter or olive oil in an electric skillet or in a large skillet on the stove.
- Mix soups (undiluted) and salt and pepper.
- Pour over beef and simmer covered for 1 1/2 hours.
- When meat is tender, add sour cream and mushrooms. Serve over noodles or rice.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen: Sprinkle fresh, chopped parsley on top for color and flavor. Fresh mushrooms also can be used in this recipe.
Beverly George, Cleburne, Texas