Beef Stroganoff – Slow Cooker
- Yield: 8 servings
- 2pounds cubed beef stew meat
- 2cans golden mushroom soup
- 1tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2cup water
- 1/3cup sour cream
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 3/4cup chopped onion
- 8ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2ounces cream cheese
- 1teaspoon garlic powder or 3 minced cloves)
- 1dash salt and pepper to taste
- 1package egg noodles
- In slow cooker, combine meat, mushroom soup, chopped onions, minced garlic, Worcestershire, pepper, stock and water.
- Cook on low setting for 5-6 hours.
- During cooking time, sauté the mushrooms in butter about 4 minutes.
- Put sautéed mushrooms in slow cooker last 30 minutes of cooking time.
- Check sauce if it needs salt or extra pepper.
- Best served over buttered egg noodles.