Beef Stroganoff with Potatoes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2medium russet or Yukon Gold potatoes or 3 to 4 red potatoes
- 3/4pound ground beef
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (4-ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2cup water
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1pinch ground black pepper
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise and then slice into thin 1/4-inch thick half moons.
- In a microwave safe dish, crumble ground beef and season with salt and pepper. Add soup, water, mustard, mushrooms and potatoes. Stir until combined.
- Tightly cover with lid or plastic wrap and place in microwave. Microwave on HIGH for 20 minutes* or until potatoes and beef are done. Let sit 2 minutes. Use oven mitts to carefully remove from microwave. CAUTION: Due to steam build-up, use oven mitts or tongs to remove plastic wrap from dish.