Beef Stroganoff – Lightened Up
- Yield 6 servings
A delicious classic beef dish that's lower in calories and fat.
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 pounds sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch strips
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 green onions, stem only, sliced
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 1/2 cup nonfat sour cream
- In a pan coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute garlic and mushrooms until they begin to get tender, about 4 minutes. Add sirloin strips and brown, stirring constantly. Sprinkle meat with flour and gradually add broth. Add mustard and bring to a boil. Add green onion. Lower heat and simmer 20 minutes, or until the meat is tender. Add sherry and cook 15 minutes. Before serving, stir in sour cream; do not boil.