- Yield 6 to 8 servings
To get an assortment of vegetables into our three sons, I experimented with vegetable juice. This is the favorite recipe of all.
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 quart vegetable juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 (10 3/4-ounce) cans cream of celery soup (do not dilute)
- 2 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook ground beef, garlic, and onion together. Drain and put in large soup pot.
- Add juice, sugar, bay leaf and cream of celery soup.
- Microwave carrots and celery until tender. Add to soup mixture.
- Simmer for 1/2 hour. Add salt and pepper.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen: You could add almost any vegetable you’d like to this soup. Or, add some pasta the last 7 minutes of cooking.
—Kaye Breckenridge, Tingley, IA